Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2016

SOMETIMES I DON’T COMB MY HAIR - 5 Tips to Move Your Toward Your Dreams


SOMETIMES I DON’T COMB MY HAIR

by Brenda A. White

Sometimes I’m home all day and I don’t comb my hair, but I’m still beautiful. :-)  Besides, the focus for the day was staying home and writing, not glamour.  My point is, get so focused on something that small distractions in that moment don't matter. I encourage you to believe in your long term goal. Believe that through every obstacle, the overall result will be worth your while. Everything counts... everything can add up to the little successes. Whether it takes a week, a month, a year, keep at it.  I believe you have what it takes!

I didn’t just wake up one morning with three books written. I didn’t just wake up and become a great facilitator and leader who gets results. I didn’t just wake up one morning and complete a half marathon and a full marathon. I planned for it, I worked for it, and I never gave up. Although the thoughts and desires of every accomplishment may have come earlier, the actual work took time. Years before I became a regional technology trainer at a Fortune 500 company, I trained junior high students while in college, for free. I hopped out of bed early to get the long walks/runs in preparation for the 13.1 miles and later the 26.2 miles. Years before a published book was in the readers’ hands, I spent hours each night and most weekends, while working fulltime and fulfilling other obligations, and writing until it was done. I educated myself on each of these things so I could get it right as best I could. I was passionate about it. I was focused on it.

Be careful about assuming someone became a success overnight. We didn’t. Again, believe in your long term goal. Believe that the overall result will be worth your while. Everything counts... everything can add to the little successes. Whether it takes a week, a month, a year, keep at it.  You have what it takes.

Nelson Mandela said, “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.”  So, my prayer is that you will make the choice to reflect on your hopes, build your dreams, develop a plan, and make things happen.

So, here are five tips to get you going:

   Write your desires and dreams on paper, and then put it where you can see it daily.

   Make a plan (set goals) with a reasonable timeline to tackle each one.

  Make the sacrifice, give up something to focus more attention, time, money on that thing.

   There will be obstacles, so maintain a positive outlook no matter what. You have to be persistence and consistent ... do it for a year and look back to see if it’s serving you well or not.

   Watch your dream become a reality and let that positive person in your life know so they can shout with you! And if you let me know, I will shout, too!

So, do the work, people are cheering for you, and don’t worry about your hair.

That’s why I don’t comb my hair, sometimes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment